5 Things You Know If You Work at a Hospital During the Holidays
Working through the holidays might not be glamorous—but your patients and their families appreciate you more than you realize. By keeping the traditions and the magic of the holidays alive, you make the hospital feel more like home for them.
1. You won’t have to pack your lunch for weeks.
2. You could challenge—and beat—any art teacher at decorating.
3. You can’t walk down the halls without hearing "Jingle Bells."
4. Your long shift does nothing to diminish your spirits.
5. You might be away from one family, but you’re with another.
When Sarah tells her cancer patients she knows what they are going through, she means it. Read Sarah's Story
Mary never expected her daughter's illness to lead her on a new career path to patient care. Read Mary's Story